This book features case studies and recommendations for new approaches to environmentally responsive sustainable building, illuminating many principles of sustainability and energy efficiency applicable to buildings worldwide, and in developing countries in particular. These projects identify practical technologies, new and existing, that will yield energy-efficient, healthy, and comfortable designs. Individual chapters address ventilation, controls, materials, and daylighting. Design guidelines and organizational methods suited to urban projects are also discussed.
- China — Environment and Culture by Leon Glicksman, Leslie Norford, Lara Greden
- Design Principles for Sustainable Urban Housing in China by Andrew Scott
- Materials and Construction for Low-Energy Buildings in China by John Fernandez
- Low-Energy Building Design by Leslie Norford
- Wind in Building Environment Design by Qingyan Chen
- Design of Natural Ventilation with CFD by Qingyan Chen
- Case Study Three - Shanghai Taidong Residential Quarter by Juintow Lin